Schools and Teachers
Partnering with educators, we aim to inspire marine conservation in future generations.
Teacher Trainings & Special Events
As partners with teachers, we occasionally host special events and trainings designed especially for educators.
Funding assistance for educators is available through the Access Aquarium Grant.
Note: All applicants must submit a new (current year) application for each school year as requirements may change.
Who may apply for Access Aquarium support?
- Groups of an academic nature from Title I schools, Virginia Preschool Initiative programs, and Head Start programs.
- Virginia schools with a federal free or reduced lunch percentage of at least 50% are eligible to apply, regardless of Title I status.
- Access Aquarium funding is NOT for siblings, family members, or friends of approved students or chaperones.
What activities does Access Aquarium support?
- Funds can be used to cover half of the cost of admission to the Virginia Aquarium, Onsite School Programs, Outreach Programs, and Virtual Programs.
- Funds are NOT available for boat trips.